Documents to be Submitted for the Purpose of Tourism
Please remember that the documents listed here are for general case, and subject to change without notice. In specific cases, applicants may be requested to submit additional documents depending on the content of the application.
- "VISA APPLICATION FORM TO ENTER JAPAN"(2 sets of visa application form and photo are required for Russian Nationals, Nationals of CIS and Georgia.)
- Valid passport with enough blank visa pages
- Valid immigration documents showing your legal status in Canada (e.g. Permanent Resident Card, Employment Authorization, Student Authorization, etc.)
- One recent passport photograph(taken in last 6 months) with white background
- Letter from school or Employment letter, depending on your legal status in Canada
- Proof of sufficient funds to defray all the expenses while in Japan
- If you are paying for your trip, 3-month bank statement showing your name and balance is necessary.
- If you are visiting relatives/friends, an invitation letter from a relative/friend is necessary. (Please contact us for details as you most likely need to submit more documents.)
- Flight itinerary issued by travel agency or airline company
- Confirmation of Hotel Reservation
- Schedule of stay
The Consulate General of Japan will not make copies. If you need original documents, please bring the original and one copy.